"Fulfilling Our Promises to the Men and Women Who Served"
Made up exclusively of men and women disabled in our nation’s defense, the Disabled American Veterans is dedicated to one, single purpose — building better lives for all of our nation’s disabled veterans and their families. This mission is carried forward by:
· Providing free, professional assistance to veterans and their families in obtaining benefits and services earned through military service and provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and other agencies of government;
· Providing outreach concerning its program services to the American people generally, and to disabled veterans and their families specifically;
· Representing the interests of disabled veterans, their families, their widowed spouses and their orphans before Congress, the White House and the Judicial Branch, as well as state and local government;
· Extending DAV’s mission of hope into the communities where these veterans and their families live through a network of state-level Departments and local Chapters; and
· Providing a structure through which disabled veterans can express their compassion for their fellow veterans through a variety of volunteer programs.